HOMAGO #10 Planning Stage

The other day I spent some time explaining Google Jamboards to my students and they seemed to catch on really quickly and well. At the end of the lesson I asked them what they thought about the use of Jamboards and they all said they really liked them. As I think about future use of this app I am going to start incorporating it daily in my morning check ins. Right now, the students fill out a Google Form, but starting the second semester, I am going to have them fill in their space on the Google Jamboards instead. A teacher I follow on Instagram (Miss West Best) shared her idea of posting the student’s picture on the Jamboard and they put their stick note on top of their picture. That will allow me to see which students filled in the prompt for the day or “checked-in”. I think that this will personalize their Jamboard experience even more. Another plan I have for Google Jamboards is to use them with my 5th grade class as a spot for them to fill in their number talk explanation for the day. This will allow for interaction with both remote and in person learners and show me if their thinking is cohesive or more all over the spectrum.

One thought on “HOMAGO #10 Planning Stage